By Cadence Alexia

15.4.12

Dark green for serene.

When anxiety takes over, food can become a comfort or a curse. My general pattern with stress and panic is loss of appetite, leaving it so long I'm starving, then finding myself chomping on somebody's wine gums I find on the kitchen counter in the middle of the night (lucky stress is pretty rare these days). This is soon followed by early morning sugar hangover, headache, and self loathing about eating shit 'food' I don't even like the taste of.

Well, I put that little slip behind me, and treated myself to a very useful dinner. 


Bacon, Avocado, spinach, watercress, pistachio (first handful this week) and my old friend go go goji. 

Eating bacon instantly makes me feel better. Not the best meat for you on the Paleo menu, but, treat yourself, it's still a good source of fat, and tastes amazing.

Dark green leafy veg, nuts and avocado are full of B vitamins and magnesium, essential for stress relief and anxiety issues.



broccoli, bok choy, asparagus, spinach, kale - you get my drift. I eat lot's of this stuff when I'm stressed and I calm right down, eating lots of broccoli at night really helps me sleep too. They're also usually a bit higher in protein than other veggies. You can feel free to eat loads of it, an entire two cups of chopped spinach is 2.18 grams carbs, 1.72 grams protein, 0.24 grams of fat. So, relax and stuff loads of it in, well, stuff loads of it in then relax.

Article below for more details

Food for thought - best brain foods 

No comments:

Post a Comment