By Cadence Alexia

27.7.12

Hanging, swinging and Paleo brownies.

Getting back on it.

Found the perfect gym for me, a 5 mile bike ride away.

I did lots of hanging, swinging, squatting and running about, with other primal type people who like doing all that, they also like lifting heavy things. I don't like lifting heavy things, maybe I'm a bit scared I'll get all big and hulky, but maybe I'll give it a go at some point. My body is proving a heavy enough thing to lift at the moment, that is soon to change.

I've been eating really well too, and cutting down a bit my portion sizes.


Red Pepper guacamole with mince beef and veg
I've been eating raw chocolate instead of dark chocolate, which contains no sugar, only things that are good for you, obv I can't be chugging down 100g a day like I want to, but 40g is alright, enough to catch my snap but not so much it's going to reverse all the good things I'm doing. Soon I want to cut down to 40g per week but that's too hard to imagine right now.

I also made these...........

Paleo Brownie cookie things!!!
they're super easy to make. I will tell you how.

  • 1 1/2 cups sifted blanched almond flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (melted, not softened)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
  • 1 whole egg
  • 3 tbs raw cocao powder

  • So all the powdery type things go in one bowl and get mixed up. The almonds/cocao powder/salt/soda

    all the gloopy stuff in the other bowl mixed up well.

    Then add the gloop bowl to the powder bowl and mix it all in. I also added crushed up macadamia and goji which made them extra amazing. put the mix in the fridge for 30 minutes.

    Then put them on baking paper on top of a tray in little balls, bake for 5 mins at 190 - 200, take them out and squidge them flat with a spoon so they look more like cookies, then bake for another 5 - 7 mins.

    Put them on a plate, Sit in the coldest room you can find holding the plate and staring at them for ten minutes while using every inch of your being not to eat them all before they cool down.

    Whooopla!! Yum Yum.

    I was glad there were other people around so I didn't eat the whole batch myself.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment